Testament Ya Bowule (Lutumba Simaro) – Franco & le TPOK Jazz 1986

Bowule was a friend of Papa Lutumba. When she died, her sister asked Papa Simaro to write an ode to her. Simaro wrote a song in the person of the bereaved sister (sung by Malage Lugendo). In the song, the bereaved sister wrote about the last time she talked to her departed sister; how she was asked to cook a meal and when she returned with it, Bowule was dead. …At the end Bowule is asked to greet the some dead people like Pajos muana Ndjili..Malage added his grandfatherPapa NgoboboPapaBahia 5 months ago

[vodpod id=Video.15294039&w=425&h=350&fv=%26rel%3D0%26border%3D0%26]

Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to Testament Ya Bowule (Lutumba Simaro) – Franco & le TPOK Jazz 1986

1. Maroko John says:

This is a great song. I rank it on top of the lingala songs I have ever heard.

The meal she prepared was TEA. The song at one point asks the angels(Banzelu),
    where do people go when they die? we know where we come from but we dont know where people go when they die |(toyebi te moto akufi akende wapi) Mpona nini liwa-why is there death?.

The song adds mbongo eloko pamba ekoki kosomba liwa te, bowule akufi te. That money is just useless, it cannot buy/bribe Death bowule should not have died.

2. emmanuel kasongo says:

i have never heard some one with a good voice like lutumba

3. Kozmos says:

Hi Moroko John,
    Iam Zambian and a great fun of Congolese rhumba.I really love this song though i cannot understand Lingala.My Elder brother can sing the entire song even when a cannot speak Lingala.Its nice that you have atleast tried to explain what the song is talking about.Imagine i have the live concert for Lutumba Simaro’s 70th birthday celebration.Its really a classic.

• I love this song too. This music speaks to the heart and while many may not understand lingala, the musical elements in the song speak to us and we feel and appreciate them. No wonder they continue to be popular. Thanks for taking time to visit my blog.

4. Samson Liech says:

testament, true one. Apana the luo kind of testament @ funerals!………lies tupu. Bravo Simaro, Malago ya Lugendo na wengine

5. What’s up everyone, it’s my first pay a quick visit at this site, and
    paragraph is really fruitful designed for me, keep up posting
    these types of posts.

6. no name says:

A powerful song that speaks to my soul even if I do not understand a single Lingala. I am a lover of rhumba especially by the late Franco and Lutumba Simaro. I have over a thousand rhumba songs to share with other rhumba lovers.

7. alex lumiti says: